Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My neighbour owns land that is a public bridleway. In our deeds

Customer Question

My neighbour owns land that is a public bridleway. In our deeds there has beeb a long standing access right by local farmers . My house is a converted barn . On several occasions the farmers have taken up large agricultural equipment including combine harvesters. They have scraped the side of our wall. They have also dislodged draining of our neighbour opposite who owns the lane. He has put a metal protective cover his draining. In autumn last year we put a protective bollard aginst our wall . Our neighbour who owns the lane give verbal permission to o this and did not object for several months. Our neighbour was then reported to the planning authorities for inappropriate usage of his land for conducting a palate business. Our neighbour blamed us and sent us a letter asking us to remove the bollard from his land until we get the proper permission or authority. In order to keep good relations we removed the bollard. The farmers have started using the lane to get to their fields and we are frightened that our hose will be damaged if we do not put our bollard back ib . Can you pleaae help.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if the neighbour admits he gave you permission for the bollard please or did so in writing?