12826847

Hello, I am a disabled 72 year old lady, and get the highest

Customer Question

Hello, I am a disabled 72 year old lady, and get the highest mobility and middle care benefit from DLA, have serious heart and lung disease along with arthritis. These all mean that even on a good day my mobility is limited. I live alone on a Peabody Estate which is having a lot of work done, and I park my mobility car in a bay outside my block. I am being told that I will have to park my car on the street, I have argued that if I can't park near enough I will not be able to get home. Please advise me if they try to force me out what can I legally do to prevent it? Thank you so much for reading this. Regards Betty

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Do you have the right to park in this space and are they saying that not allowing you to park there is temporarily while the work is being done?

How far away from your normal car park are you being asked to park?

Can you get anything from your doctor to say that you are physically incapable of walking that distance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can get a letter from dr. But my right to highest mobility and car proves also that my mobility is very limited. I used to pay for parking bay before I was disabled, but since then get it free. To move my car off estate would be impossible as there would be no guarantee that when I returned I would find a space on street outside my estate. I would be sleeping in car!! I have also argued that all contractors vans should not be allowed to park here all day, they should drop off equipment and heavy tools and they should move elsewhere off estate to park. These works are expected to take months, not weeks. Thank you. Betty

I need to know on what basis you are granted the right to park initially for a payment and now for free.

Is it noted in your lease or tenancy agreement? What type of agreement to you have in respect of the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Peabody allows all disabled tenants to park free, in an allotted bay. Able bodied tenants have to pay. I am a secure tenant and have lived in a Peabody flat for over 50 years, in this flat for 27/28 years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Peabody allows all disabled tenants to park free in allotted bays, which are numbered. Able bodied tenants pay for their bays.
I am a Secure Tenant and have lived in Peabody flats for over 50 years, and have lived in my present flat for27/28 years. I hope this helps. Betty
As this is a private landlord and you appear to have a concession, I'm not sure I can help with this so will try to find you somebody else.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I've asked for money back as I needed urgent answer thank you Betty