Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Hi. Can you tell me if this firm Inter Mediation Group

Hi. Can you tell me if this firm Inter Mediation Group from Malaga Spain. is a genuine
firm or How can i find out.
Thank You.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Would I be correct to assume this relates to a timeshare issue please?

Customer:

i dont think it is time share as it is holiday firm which we buy holidays from , the firm in question is getting us compensation from the holiday firm club class. As they wont money up front be for they pay out . i just wont to know

Joshua :

Thank you. There is advisory information about the company in question on the Mindtimeshare group which is a group that assists with scams relating to timeshares.

Joshua :

The information on their website is not positive and recommends against involving yourself with the company.

Joshua :

http://mindtimeshare.me/2014/01/24/have-you-been-contacted-by-im-group-or-inter-mediation-group-in-spain/

Joshua :

Typically companies that ask for money up front and involve themselves in cold calling would be indicators of an advanced fee fraud whereby the company seeks fees on the promises of rewards of some kind which are then not delivered. Typically any company that cold calls you and asks for money up front would be avoided and any money you hand over would be at risk.

Joshua :

My view would be not to involve yourself with the company but it is a matter for you ultimately of course. TATOC maintain a list of recommended companies with which you can deal with confidence.
http://www.tatoc.co.uk/tatoc-directory/

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you any further?

Customer:

not really, am none the wiser than when i started as all i wonted to no was is mediation group genuine.

Joshua :

I am sorry if the above is unclear.

Joshua :

It depends on what you mean by genuine. It appears to exist but as above it is engaging in practices which is typical of an advance fee fraud. Accordingly if I were advising you in relation to the organisation my advice would be not to deal with the company because there would be a high risk factor associated with such behaviour.

Joshua :

You will note the responses of a number of individuals who claim to have been scammed by the company on the above website which does nothing to recommend the organisation.

Joshua :

Have you been able to read the information on the above link?

Customer:

will take in your advice, so will say by for now thank you.

Joshua :

If I can assist any further as the situation develops please do no hesitate to let me know. Best wishes