29905560

I want to file a claim form to the courts for a civil litigation

I want to file a claim form to the courts for a civil litigation case. I know that a person as wrote defamatory comments about my business and as a result I have lost customers

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you want to claim for specifically?

Customer:

loss and potential loss of earnings. This lady is a ward councillor of our area

Customer:

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1901177_622115321191889_1196098161_n.jpg

Customer:

Sent a link to show you her comments about our children's nursery relocating. We have never intended to relocate and we can prove this

Customer:

We only want to ask a minimal amount of compensation, its more really for her to retract her comments and apologies

Customer:

We have down loaded an N1 form but don't know if this is the correct form?

Ben Jones :

N1 would be the appropriate form if you wanted to make a claim. Whilst you would not be claiming defamation (that is very complex and expensive and different rules would apply), you can make a claim for malicious falsehood (i.e. someone maliciously making false comments about you that have resulted in losses). You would need to be able to show what, if any losses, you have incurred as that would also impact on the court fees you have to pay to issue the claim. Before you make a claim, you may still wish to formally contact the person, advise them that you believe their comments are defamatory or malicious falsehood, warn them that unless they retract them you will issue legal proceedings for compensation and give them a time limit to comply by. Only if they fail to do as requested should you consider legal action.

Customer:

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome