75100385

Does a person, through the CCBC, have jurisdiction to make

Customer Question

Does a person, through the CCBC, have authority to make a claim against a Scottish resident (different jurisdiction)?

IE can you make a claim in the English small claims against a Scottish resident, living in Scotland? Or do you have to go through the Sheriff court?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Yes because they are part of the uk although there are procedural steps for enforcement
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-qlsa3irq- :

What is a tomlin order?

Alex Watts : A consent order, it's judgment without the ccj so if breached they can eneter a ccj and enforce it
JACUSTOMER-qlsa3irq- :

I see, thanks for that. Can a solicitor agree to set a CCJ aside, then enter into a Tomlin order with the client as well?

Alex Watts : They could,
JACUSTOMER-qlsa3irq- :

Ok thanks, you know your stuff.

JACUSTOMER-qlsa3irq- :

:) .

Alex Watts : Please remember to leave feedback before you go today.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/