Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I am a small business owner and I want to change my telephone

Customer Question

I am a small business owner and I want to change my telephone services provider (landline). When I tried to cancel the contract they said I am under contract until 2015 and the person that arranged the contract was a secretary that we used to employ and left the company 9 months ago. I asked for proof of the contract and they said it was a verbal contract which is normal in the telecoms industry. I am saying that I never gave my employee permission to agree to the contract, I wasn't aware of it, so I don't regard it as valid. Where do I stand legally if I want to come out of it?
Rod
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if you have requested a recording of the conversation please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

I understand you have had difficulty viewing the chat thread. I am sorry if you have had any difficulties. Could you confirm if you can see the above thread now?

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Would you like to continue with the above?