75100385

I have a letter from the courts stating upon reading a letter

I have a letter from the courts stating upon reading a letter from the claimant it is ordered that
1. The order to attend court for questioning be adjourned generally with liberty to restore.
2. If the matter is not restored by 4pm on 5th February 2014 the matter be struck out.

Can you please tell me what this means.

Eva

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

If you are the debtor you don't need to do anything.

Alex Watts :

The application for you to attend for questioning has been suspended.

Alex Watts :

Therefore you don't need to attend and you don't need to do anything

Alex Watts :

Customer:

By not doing anything will the debt still stay on my record? The beginning of the letter said "after reading a letter from the claimant" I have no idea what was said, and am not sure I actually owed the money in the first place, so I'm still confused, basically I have this debt on my record, it appears to be increasing as the claimant has now made contact with me after over two years or more, I was sure it the dispute had been settled and I really do not know where I stand.

Alex Watts : There is a county court judgment?
Customer:

Yes sorry I didn't realise I hadn't made myself clear, you stepping out means you cannot answer the question or will not. Have I wasted my money?

Customer:

Or does it mean you are out of the office.? I sent last email quickly without finishing as I had to leave the office. Sorry it sounded a bit rude and was not meant to be.

Alex Watts :

It means I am on and offline as I am in Court.

Alex Watts :

Is there a CCJ/

Customer:

Yes when I checked my record there was one on it, I thought it had been cleared but the court number is XXXXX same as on the letter but a different amount.

Alex Watts :

Ok - then the CCJ wont go. It is just the Order for questioning that has been stopped

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

Thank you it does.