Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

From 2011 - 2013 I purchased £615,000 worth of original contemporary

Customer Question

From 2011 - 2013 I purchased £615,000 worth of original contemporary art, on the basis that it was unique, of subjective pleasure and importantly a sound investment. Since then my circumstances have changed and I need tos ell and find the secondary market renders them almost worthless or at best worth 10% of what I paid for them, I fee I have been mis-sold, what recourse do I have

Dr. Graeme Fraser-Bell
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if you were professionally advised in relation to the purchase and obtained professional valuations prior to purchase or did you purchase the art based on a salesman's recommendations and your own knowledge of the market please?

JACUSTOMER-alzjarn5- :

I took the advise purely from Whitewall galleries in Chster where I bought the pieces from and it was based upon their strong recommendations

Joshua :

Thank you. Were they acting for you formally as investment advisors or were they acting in the capacity of a dealer selling art to you?

Joshua :

Would you like to continue with the above?