12826847

Is there a maximum time in which an invoice should be submitted

Customer Question

Is there a maximum time in which an invoice should be submitted before it becomes invalid

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Its not the invoice per se. Actually there is no requirement for an invoice at all in law.

However, under the Limitation Act 1980 you can only sue for breach of contract within 6 years of the breach.

The fact of the late invoice is a non issue.

7 years may mean they time barred. It depends. Time runs from the last date of acknowledgement of the contract not the date of signing.

They can try to extend time under s32 Limitation Act 1980 but its not often granted.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/