75100385

I am being charged with driving a motor vehicle after consuming

Customer Question

I am being charged with driving a motor vehicle after consuming 66 microgrammes of alcohol . To which I am pleading guilty and resisting the pcs in their duty,to which I am pleading guilty.I have been driving for 55 years with only two speeding points .I have a little driving job two days a week.Do I require your services .regards.J.Howarth.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

We can't be instructed but can certainly answer questions for you. I can tell you what the likely sentence is. Is that ok?

Alex Watts :

When were the speeding convictions please?

Customer: Yes thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
25 -03-14
You are in the second band of reading which is 60-89.

The starting point is a high fine with disqualification period of 17-22 months.

Disqualification is mandatory the Court has no discretion, but you can ask for the drink driver course which if completed will reduce any ban by 25%.

But you will get a fine, costs, victim surcharge and disqualified for around 17-18 months.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I pay the fine monthly
Yes you can.

The arrangement can be made with the court on the day.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.