13262538

my husband was jailed for child porn, he didnt do anything

my husband was jailed for child porn, he didn't do anything really bad, but he took photos of my grandchildren and put them on the internet. because I have seen him I am denied access to my grandchildren at all, which I find a bit draconian. Is there any way I can get that changed
Do you mean that you are visiting him in prison?
Are you willing to stop?
Why do you think that what he did was not "really bad"?
Is it Social Services who have imposed the ban?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I never visited him in prison. we are both willing to stop if it means I can see my grandchildren again. I do call what he did bad but he never touched them or even asked them to pose for photos, the police are satisfied that he didn't do that. Yes it is social services who imposed the ban. I think they are being a bit draconian. My husband lives in another town so I would not be having the children so he could see them, which is what social services think.

How old are your grand children and would their parents be willing to supervise your contact with them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the children are 6 and 10. but as I saw my husband against the wishes of social services my daughter has been told the children will be taken from her.she would be willing to supervise contact, but social services say it is too late for that.

When did his arrest happen?
Had you actually been clearly told that if you saw him contact would have to stop?
What is the extent of Social Services involvement with the children at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he was arrested about 5 years ago. yes I was clearly told but went against it as I took my grandchildren into town one time without one of their parents with me. I texted my husband to warn him to stay at home, which he was happy to do. he does not want to see the children. however a certain policelady who does not like me, and has admitted it, saw the text and told social services I was taking the kids so he could see them. nothing could be further from the truth, and my daughter has been ill with social services pestering her. they have been out of the picture for a year or so but are back with a vengeance. They keep saying I cannot see him and the children too but no one will tell me why.

I am sorry but I will be blunt.
Your husband is sen as a high risk to children and the fact that you do not understand that means that you cannot be relied on to keep your grand children safe.
To ensure your ongoing contact with the children a very specific contract was put in place
you broke the contract and that has serious consequences
Until you understand the risk it is unlikely that contact will resume - however there are awareness courses which you could attend which may persuade Social Services to change their minds http://www.lucyfaithfull.org.uk/individuals_and_families.htm
i hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details