75100385

i used an online website( i will paste original contract under

i used an online website( i will paste original contract under my problem) regarding a 160gb ipod classic with in excess of 10000 song.

It wasn't working properly i contacted these people with the possibility of whether they could fix it, they said they could so i posted it off(details below). after about a week i contacted them with regards XXXXX XXXXX matter and they stated they never received ipod.
I contacted the courier UPS and gave them tracking number from the receipt i was given and they gave me delivery details(delivered next day), even the name of the person who signed for it.

i past this info on and then they said they would search and try and locate it, and since then they keep stating they are searching for it.

All i want is my ipod back. to replace this item now is roughly £200 and if they access all the songs that is probably £1.00 a song.

I believe they have lost or stolen it, as they don't make ipod classics any more.

What can i do to get it back?

Below is the copy of the original email they sent with delivery/pickup details etc.

Please can you help.

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Thank you for booking in your repair with Elite Phones & Computers Ltd. We aim to repair on a 48 hour repair schedule subject to no complications.

You will be invoiced via email within 72 hours. you can check the status of your repair using the details below please keep these safe or print off this email for your reference.

Please log onto our database using the details provided below to keep up to date with the status of your repair, As our lines maybe heavily busy throughout the day please only contact us via telephone if you are having any problems paying for the repair.

The following details will be required when sending your item to us password/passcode/network, You can confirm this by informing our booking agents, attaching the information inside your parcel or update this on your file on our database.

Failure to provide this information can have an affect on the 48 hours repairs schedule and may also void the warranty as accurate testing may not be carried out

Go to - www.mobilephonerepairing.co.uk (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK, ENTER IT MANUALLY,)(DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOG ON USING A PHONE OR TABLET I.E. IPAD)

Login Detail :

User Name :[email protected]

Password : 123456

Many Thanks,

The Repair Team

Elite phones and computers LTD

(Please do not respond to this automatic email , contact admin detailed below)

Repairs Team- After care – Tel: XXXXXXXXXXX 08446827101

Email:[email protected]

Once your item is in store, please do not call the mobile number you were contatced on, you can call the aftercare line or email any question, if you do not get the responce from yoru login account message quirey

COURIER INSTRUCTIONS -
Your courier has been booked please print of your label and attach it to a well protected padded jiffy parcel with the device inside. If you do not have a printer please provide the following details to the courier and complete a manual couriers label:
Your name and repair ref:
UPS ACCOUNT NUMBER & ADDRESS:
- 03A21F
190a Church Street,
Eccles,
Manchester,
M300LZ
Please choose ‘STANDARD’ delivery on the label.
DO NOT’ send any SIM or MEMORY CARDS with the device for your safe keeping and respond to this, email with your network provider and PINCODES or PASSWORD XXXXX the device, this will allow the repair team to test the item after repair so we can offer the 12 month warranty.
Once your item is in store, please do not call the mobiles, you can call the aftercare line or email any question
Elite Phones and Computers ltd.
Email:[email protected]
Elite Phones and Computers Ltd, 190 a Church Street, Eccles Manchester M300LZ
PLEASE DO NOT CALL BACK THE MOBILE NUMBER THAT THE REPAIR TEAM CONTACTED YOU ON FOR ANY AFTERCARE ISSUES AS THEY ARE ON OUT BOUND AND DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO YOU ACCOUNT ONCE YOUR ITEM IS RECEIVED.

VAT is’ NOT Included in general quotes. It will be added to the cost of repair on completion, subject to the final quote. Additional problems may be detected on receipt of device may incur more cost customer will be informed before further repair carried out. The courier fee is a none refundable, upfront payment that is deducted from the total quoted for the repair, it is not an additional payment and is always included in the quoted amount, once you have entered an agreement with Elite and scheduled a collection we cannot refund this payment.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Was it insured please?
Customer:

It was insured under my home insurance, and UPS delivery insurance, but i don't know about people fixing it.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer: Thank you so much for the advice, I will do this directly today and post it at the first chance.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer: i will accept your answer if you tell me how, but if I have any further questions I may get back to you if that is ok.
Alex Watts :

Yes

Alex Watts :

Put them for my attention and I can assist you.

Customer: Thank you once again
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience