75100385

I would like to know if I could get compensation. I made a

Customer Question

I would like to know if I could get compensation. I made a formal complaint against my electricity provider after over charging us for almost two years now. I received a letter from them recently that they have reviewed my usage and have reduced my bill in half to what I am presently paying saying that they don't have accurate meter reading. I made a complaint over the phone before but haven't made a formal complaint. I felt that I was misled believing that the excess payment I made before was due to increase in our electricity consumption though we haven't done bought new equipment that may increase our electricity consumption and I also thought it was due to inflation. I did asked them few times before to review our bill and even reported our meter reading but they haven't made any changes until now. I should be happy somehow that they finally reduced our bill but I do feel that they were overcharging us before basing merely on estimates. We used to pay 40 pounds monthly then they doubled the charge since 2011 and they propose to reduce our bill to 49 pounds following review by April. Can we still get the excess money we paid?

Grace

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you provide them with meter readings please?