75100385

I am he an exit inspection of the property we are moving out

Customer Question

I am he an exit inspection of the property we are moving out of. The agents are not a very big company and have a bad reputation. We feel they are going to be unreasonable about repairs to the house and deduct money from our deposit. We have left the house in perfect condition, even improved it a little. My issue is that given their unreasonable demands and reputation I would like to have a witness present, my father who is himself a police officer and not going to cause trouble. The agents have told me that only my partner and I may be present and if my father is there he will be removed by police. I would be grateful for any help you could give me, many thanks.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Unless the agreement says otherwise you can have who you want as a witness.
Alex Watts : They can only rely on the agreement.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/