Hi, I am on the warned list at chelmsford Crown court starting

Customer Question

Hi, I am on the warned list at chelmsford Crown court starting 31st March relating to an offence that took place on 3rd july 2013, contary to section3(3) and (4) of the dangerous dogs act 1991, namely I was the owner of a dog, allowed it to enter a place where it was not permitted to be and which was not a public place namely the porch of xxx and whilst it was there it injured xxxxx by biting her.

I am pleading Not guilty and defending myself can you outline the crown court procedure and advise how I should prepare my defence and outline what costs I might expect if I loose the case

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Could you explain your situation a bit more please/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo,

My partner and I have 2 Japanese Akita's, brother and sister from same litter now 18mths old, at the time of the "offence" still puppies 9 mths old but growing then about 35kgs.

Had move to new area Abridge, Essex, renting out my home so that I could rent a place in the country with a sizable garden for the dogs.

On the day in question, a sunny 3rd July last year they had been taken for a long walk (3hrs)

I am 62 semi-retired, work from home so i can devote this length time to the dogs. Now late afternoon, dogs asleep in back garden, french windows open, Ice cream van turns up packs outside across the road, call to my partner, whose upstairs, want icecream, "Yes" so precede out of front door and buy 2 ice creams

On rounding the van see my 2 dogs on a neighbours lawn with my partner in chase. we round up the dogs and take them back when the neighbour 2 doors away tells me one dog bit her daughters 11 yr old friend who was round their house and both had also gone out to buy ice cream.

I did see the girls on their pourch step tying a shoe lace.

I can only conclude that the dogs heard me go out, ran after me, somehow got the door open, i remember pulling it too, come out can't see me (behind van) seen girls run playfully towards them, girls scream run into house, doors follow and although nobody witnessed it the 11 year old sustained "they say a bite" to me looks like it could be a scratch, on her waist above left buttock.

They made a big thing of it, took girl to hospital, not serious, gaven her antibiotics. Did draw blood but not serious probably heal up and not leave scar

I reported the incident to the police first to get advice about what to do, girls mother ( both single parents) and then the other mother also phoned police.

I get asked to go voluntary to police station, get interviewed then staggered when told they are going to prosecute.

Pleaded not guilty at Chelmsford Mag court, in August had a p & case man in October, warn period early Jan, was adjourned as I had been away and police couldn't trace witness and mother who had move away from area.

Now in the warn period starting Monday, representing myself case is full of holes, nobody saw which dog or even the incident

Please advise how I should proceed and on what grounds I should contest it

I am really sorry but I'm afraid this is a large question and I will not be able to assist for this price.

I will opt out to see if anybody else can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo,

Seems to me this is a big con to take peoples money, I found your web site and ib good faith paid money, waisted a whole weekend waiting for answer and have recieved nothing back apart from "I can't help you" Why not tell me that before you take money off me.

If this is the case i want my money back

You have broken your contract with me

Quite happy to pay if you provide me with service

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Looking for help I came across Answer law

I didn't know how your site worked or how reliable/effective it was and having been ripped off before on the internet went for the low option to see what sort of reply I would get

I appreciate I am asking alot but my case in The Crown court could come up any day day from the today and I was looking for some guidance

I am prepared to pay the correct price/ what someone whose qualified requires to advise/guide me as I go into a crown court trial representing myself.

I am quite knowledgable and confident but want someone unpartial to guide me incase I make a major bunder.

Never expected that £11 would get far but I had hoped it would get me started and then paid up more once the expert had accsess the magnitude and advised me accordingly

Saying I am going to pass after asking me for more information doesn't help anyone and I am in a time sensitive situation

I can wait but I need someone who can deal with this, then advise what they require and we can move forward