UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Last year I paid £4,499 for a Gastric Band operation. At my

Last year I paid £4,499 for a Gastric Band operation. At my free consultation I was not advised that I would need to get my HbA1c down to an acceptable level (I am a type 2 Diabetic) and they did not take a blood test to find out whether I was an acceptable candidate for the operation. As a result the Anaethatist refused to let me go ahead with the operation until I reduced them down to an acceptable reading (40/42) - my last reading at my doctors was 78! I did get my medication increased to try and reduce with my sugar levels but this only helped slightly.
I was told by my Diabetic nurse that to get my levels down to 40/42 would be an impossible task as these were readings were for a 'normal' person not someone with Diabetes. As a result I have cancelled my operation.
I have written to the hospital (The Hospital Group, Soney Lane, Bromsgrove) twice in the last 3 weeks asking for confirmation that my operation has been cancelled due to medical reasons and for my money back but have not recieved a reply. Could you advise what my next steps should be please as I would like my money back.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

It seems that you were mis sold the operation.

As you have Already asked a few times for your money to be refunded, I would advise you to file a court claim online for the return of your money, you may do so at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

When the clinic receives court papers, i suspect it will get motivation to return your money to you.

Hope this helps