75100385

I have two large trees outside the front of my property which

I have two large trees outside the front of my property which are on council land, one of which is a pine tree. The branches are overhanging the front of our property: blocking light, dropping pine needles in the guttering etc. and cones all over the front garden. I have asked the Council to cut these branches back but they have refused saying there is no health and safety issue. I feel there is as my husband has already twisted his ankle on cones that fell into our garden, not to mention the 'birds muck' left by all the nesting pigeons (I can't even leave my car in the front garden as it gets covered!). Any comments would be appreciated. T Wills

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have you reported it to the Ombudsman yet please?

Customer:

No, I wasn't aware there was an ombudsman I could use.

Alex Watts : You need to write to the Chief Officer of the council and lodge a formal complaint.
Alex Watts : If they do not uphold the complaint then you should complain to the local government ombudsman
Alex Watts : They offer a free, independent service and will investigate your issue.
Alex Watts : They can be contacted at www.lgo.org.uk
Alex Watts : But you need to have written to the council first.
Alex Watts : Follow the above two steps and hopefully your complaint will be resolved.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you. I will follow those steps