12826847

i paid for a flight ticket for a pup on isle of man can i withdraw

i paid for a flight ticket for a pup on isle of man can i withdraw from sale as they are threatening pet abandonment as i think its a scam as askin for more money for insurance now .

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Are you asking if you can get out of buying the dog please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes .been on to trading standards and action fraud police site today and logged it with them but they only said i needed to pay the 140 flight fee nd then said another 800 for insurance and now cause i wouldnt forward it said going to lodge with their lawyersfor abandonment .only 140 origonally advertised.

In short, there should be no difficulty with that.

You may well be in breach of contract if you do not buy this dog as you do seem to have agreed to do so. However, they only have a claim for the sum of their loss and they still have the puppy to sell to an offer so realistically have provided no consideration for this contract. The very most they could claim is the diminution value between a puppy at the point of sale and an older puppy solder the slightly cheaper price because he is becoming older and less desirable. The reality is that they are not going to sue for such a small amount cross-border.

In any event, even if they did, they would have to explain why they were asking for more than was agreed under the contract which they are not going to be keen to do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the puppy was free it was only the flight ticket I had to buy which I paid it was then the flight company that said I had to pay the insurance which I wouldve said if it was my puppy I wouldve had it insured to travel before I was giving to someone..I never signed anything .and have never had the puppy to abandon it physically .

I'm not sure what you mean?

Who is trying to claim abandonment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the flight transporters from camaroon

I thought this was the Isle of Man?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the person with the pup was on isle of man but transporters were camaroon .so had to wire the 140 by western union to them thats why i thout was a scam .

Yes, its a scam.

I wouldn't worry about this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks for your help grately appreciated .

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/