Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I live in Spain and I am in dispute with PTI Insurance Co.,

Customer Question

I live in Spain and I am in dispute with PTI Insurance Co., which is registered in Gibraltar. They are regulated by the Financial Services Commission in Gibraltar, are members of the Association of British Insurers and the UK Financial Services Ombudsman Service and subscribe to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. They are refusing to pay out on an Annual Travel Health Insurance Policy. Can I pursue the matter through the English Small Claims Court? I would be grateful for your advice on the matter. Brian XXXXXX

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

You could potentially sue this company in the small claims court of the UK however it depends what the terms and conditions of your insurance say.

Does it have a jurisdiction clause that says "This agreement is governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales have exclusive Jurisdiction"?

AJ
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Can I assist you any further with this?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says English Law applies so I will go ahead with the claim

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

If that is the case https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome you can start a money claim here.

It will be in the small claims court if it is less than £15k.

Can I assist any further?

AJ