12826847

My ex husband has bin arrested for selling drugs and his soliciter

Customer Question

My ex husband has bin arrested for selling drugs and his soliciter told us to take the house which has just been sold under both are names of the market.Why do you thinkthat is?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been divorced since 2009, my daughter and son lived with me at the property,my ex pays the mortgage. My son has recently moved out my daughter still lives with me she is 21. My ex lives in London and wanted the house sold,it has just been sold. On Saturday we heard my ex had been arrested in Carlisle with a lot of drugs,his solicitor said we have to take the house of the market. Why would we need to do this?

I am sorry but I'm afraid it is possible that the Crown are saying that this house was purchased with the proceeds of crime if he is paying for it and so could be confiscated in a POCA hearing.

Its not guaranteed that would happen. A possession only offence would not normally trigger it but that is the only reason I can think of that a criminal solicitor would say this.

I'm very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.