12826847

Family law

Customer Question

Family law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry - thought just starting.

Estranged husband has been offered 75 days per year overnight access. He is insisting wants 50% and will not budge. [Trying I think to reduce maintenance payments]. Any more access would not work for childrens school etc.

Has resident partner [mother] right to say no more access - and indeed if does not work may have to be less?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My daughter left her husband when he was having an affair some months ago [in Sweden]. She came to the UK with her two children [3&6].

She has agreed to allow him access every other weekend [he has the girls overnight Fri&Sat] and one evening pw not overnight. She has also agreed access in holidays - making total of about 75 nights in the year.

He is saying will not accept and will not accept less than 50% of holidays.

Am I right in thinking in law he cannot demand this.

I suspect being done to reduce maintenance payments.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

15 min wait .....? No answer yet. Not clear if I should still wait or I'm on the wrong screen?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Seems this is not going to work - [about an hour since I started] and hearing nothing.

I'm assuming this has failed and am now signing out.

I trust I am not being charged - certainly have NOT received an answer.

Over & out.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.