29905560

After working for twelve years my former employment was closed

Customer Question

After working for twelve years my former employment was closed down due to roadworks by the council.I'm not sure what to do as no redundancy was paid because they said they had no money.I have filled forms sent by acas and rece ived notification that due to the company not being insolvent it was up them.It has been a year now and have received nothing.I spoke to my former employers and the don't seem to bothered as they say it's with the crediter's.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the status of the company at present, are they still trading or trying to go into insolvency?

JACUSTOMER-l4vzahp6- :

They are not trading but the building is being rented by others

Ben Jones :

when was your employment terminated exactly?

JACUSTOMER-l4vzahp6- :

March 14th 2013

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please

Ben Jones :

At this stage it won’t necessarily be good news. Whilst you may have been legally entitled to redundancy if the company had closed down, any legal claim to pursue that must have been submitted within 6 months of your dismissal. Once the 6 months have expired, the tribunal would no longer be able to hear your complaint as that is a strict legally-enforced time limit. So you are out of time to pursue the company directly for the redundancy you should have received.

Your only option now is of the company does eventually go insolvent, you could try and pursue the money from the Government. However, until they are formally made insolvent they would not consider this claim and you just have to wait and hope that it does eventually happen.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks