75100385

I am going through the motions of having the Shareholder meeting

I am going through the motions of having the Shareholder meeting at short notice and then I'll have a Directors meeting at short notice and I'm sending him by email and recorded delivery all the documentation. I've started the "Squeeze Out" process where I am going to compulsory purchase his 10% as per the 2006 Companies act. He has six weeks to arrange an alternate valuation otherwise I can just transfer over the shared to myself and keep the amount I made as an offer in trust for him.

So it's all in progress and it seems he's not challenging it or cooperating with it either. My question is if I get all this completed is there any statue of limitations on him coming back and challenging all this if he's been fully notified by email and recorded delivery ?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Potentially he has 6 years to bring a claim against you.

Alex Watts :

Under the Limitation Act 1980

Alex Watts :

But make sure you have everything documented.

Alex Watts :

That is your audit trial.

Alex Watts :