How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I write out procedures and additional paper work for companies

Resolved Question:

I write out procedures and additional paper work for companies working for a global organisation as a self employed individual.
How do i go about licensing the paper work i produce so that it can only be used by the company I'm working for / sold it to. Ensuring that they can't sell it on nor carry it with them to a future company?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may cover this in your terms and conditions and expressly state that you retain copyright in your work and that it should not be disclosed to third parties without your consent as it is confidential information only for use by your client.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Just so I'm 100% clear.....


By making a statement / paragraph in my terms and conditions stating that i retain copyright is enough?


Thanks in advance.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Yes and a statement that the material should not be disclosed or distributed to any other person without your consent.
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you