UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I write out procedures and additional paper work for companies

I write out procedures and additional paper work for companies working for a global organisation as a self employed individual.
How do i go about licensing the paper work i produce so that it can only be used by the company I'm working for / sold it to. Ensuring that they can't sell it on nor carry it with them to a future company?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may cover this in your terms and conditions and expressly state that you retain copyright in your work and that it should not be disclosed to third parties without your consent as it is confidential information only for use by your client.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just so I'm 100% clear.....

By making a statement / paragraph in my terms and conditions stating that i retain copyright is enough?

Thanks in advance.

Yes and a statement that the material should not be disclosed or distributed to any other person without your consent.