UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I started a business with a business partner back in 2008 and

I started a business with a business partner back in 2008 and around 2011/12 we decided that we would merge with another small business (1 person) as we had always passed business between each other and it made sense to do so. The idea was that we were going to have an equal share in the business, and all be directors. In essence this didn't happen for me, and so after a couple of years I decided to leave the business due to many broken promises and the stress of too much work.

The issue I have now is that I still have somewhere in the region of £5000 of my money still invested in the company, along with a further £1500 that they owe me for payment of tax at the start of the year that I had to find the difference for. Everytime I ask payments they fob me off with excuses about cash flow problems, and that they will "pay it back as soon as they can". Yet since then they have taken on at least 2 more people since I left a year ago.

What options are available to be to get any of this money back? Even if I could just get back as much as I could via small claims court.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If they have agreed that they owe you the money, you may file a court claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk against them for your money to be paid to you.

Once they receive summons from the court, many people quickly pay up.

Hope this helps