How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Is there a way to get a divorce from someone who has abandoned

Resolved Question:

Is there a way to get a divorce from someone who has abandoned a marriage for nearly 18years?
I have tried to locate him, but he seems to be untraceable . Can you help me please?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may apply for divorce in grounds of 5 years separation and ask the court to allow you to dispense with service on the grounds that you have tried searching for him but no luck. You will have to show the court efforts made to trace your missing spouse and it should grant you dispensation from serving your spouse the divorce petition.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
The form to apply for dispensation is here and you have a very good chance of getting the dispensation: