12826847

i filled in my form for excusal due to ill health my jury service

Customer Question

i filled in my form for excusal due to ill health my jury service should be Monday the 7th april but I haven't had a reply does that mean I still have to turn up

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

When did you submit the form please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Monday 24th march

What does the sick note say?

Does it say unfit for court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't send a sick note on the guide to jury summons I was sent it said do not send medical certificate till asked to it also said once the form to the jury summons has been processed if you are expected to serve as summond you will be sent a confirmation letter and pack which will contain imformation you need for your first dayof jury service which I haven't recived

The short answer is that you are on a summons. That will mean that if you don't attend any commit potentially an offence and actually courts are becoming way more aggressive than they used to about things like that.

If you haven't heard that you are excused then you should behave as though you are not. It doesn't mean necessarily that you won't be excused but you shouldn't presume that you are.

If you do have a medical certificate then you should take it with you on Monday. Also, if you have proof that you sent the application being then you should take that with you in the hope that the judge will release you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou but if I don't get a replay from them I don't know wot time or place to go to so I should get that in the post wot do I do if not

You should get notification of where to report as without that you cannot report.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/