29905560

My question is of concern to a litigation claim against previous

Customer Question

My question is of concern to a litigation claim against previous my employer, my legal rep is requesting to contact my present employer for salary information. I do not want my second employer for involved for data protection as I do not think this is relevant and would only create havoc in my job. Do my present employer need to be aware of my litigation, I am really enjoying my job and at peace.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

How long have you worked for your current employer for?

JACUSTOMER-1owluezt- :

15 years

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, please leave this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

Ben Jones :

Just to clarify also - what specifically does the rep need the salary information for?

JACUSTOMER-1owluezt- :

Not sure, I guess he is claiming for loss of earnings from my previous employer, which is nothing to do with my present employer.

JACUSTOMER-1owluezt- :

He said he wants to declare all my income.

JACUSTOMER-1owluezt- :

Can you please mention which act this relates to in my defence. Many thanks.

Ben Jones :

Hi, without knowing the specific reasons for wanting to contact your current employer, it is difficult to say whether he can do that or not and what you can sue in your defence to try and prevent that. So are you able to get more information from your rep about that, for example the specific reasons for requiring these details and what he is hoping to do with them. Also I need to know what type of litigation this is, what for and in what venue (tribunal or court)? Thanks

JACUSTOMER-1owluezt- :

Hi Ben, I will enquire and get back to you, Thanks

JACUSTOMER-1owluezt- :

I am aware so far that this is an injury claim and will be taken to court next week.

Ben Jones :

ok thank you look forward to hearing from you