Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

We had a ccj against us and we paid for the bill. We now

Customer Question

We had a ccj against us and we paid for the bill.

We now wish to get a "satisfied" certificate so that we can file it with the company's house.

How can we do this?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask how soon following the date of judgement did you pay please?

Customer:

just checking

Joshua :

Customer:

Hello Joshua, sorry for the delay. I was not able to get the file but as far as I remember it was paid immediately after the judgment.

Joshua :

Thanks so certainly you think within a month of the date of judgement?

Customer:

yes definitely within a month.

Joshua :

Customer:

sorry Joshua, now my team are telling me that we have had to pay when some people showed up at the premises.

Customer:

I am very sorry about the confusion but this happened in January 2013. So nobody seems to remember.

Joshua :

thank you. If you pay the judgement within one month of the date of judgement from the court, you can obtain a certificate of cancellation which will remove the CCJ marker altogether. if however did not pay within one month of the date of judgement then you will not be able to obtain a certificate of cancellation but you can still obtain a certificate of satisfaction at the debt. The difference between the two is a certificate of satisfaction will not remove the CCJ marker which will remain for six years following the date of judgement but it will allow you to apply to mark the CCJ as satisfied which will tell creditors that the judgement has been paid

Joshua :

therefore, you need to know first of all what you are applying for and to do so, need to refer to be court judgement itself. You should have been sent a copy of this by the court but if you were not, you can obtain a copy from the court that issued the judgement.

Joshua :

once you have this, you can complete form N443 either applying for a certificate of cancellation or satisfaction as above annual need to supply evidence of payment to the court such as a copy of banked cheque or bank statement or some other satisfactory form of evidence that payment has been made

Joshua :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n443-eng.pdf

Customer:

But how do I know which court issued the judgement? This is the last question I promise. The problem is we have had 3 deaths in the family in 2012 and all that is very blurred.

Customer:

and we never had a problem like this ever.

Joshua :

there is a fee of £15 to pay with the application. providing the court is satisfied with the evidence of payment you supply, the court will then issue you with the certificate of satisfaction or cancellation is appropriate and an amendment will be made by registry trust which maintains records of CCJs which in turn will then propagate to credit reference agencies within a few weeks

Joshua :

if you are not certain which court issued the judgement, you can contact the courts central bulk issuing service he will be able to advise you which court to contact. I will just get contact details for you...

Customer:

would you be able to handle this for us? and for how much?

Customer:

Thank you very much

Joshua :

I would be happy to assist you with this. There are some disbursements to pay in the sum of £30 and I would estimate it would take approximately 1-2 hours altogether. Would a fee of £160 + disbursements seem reasonable to you? I would add that it is quite possible to deal with yourself if you wish though.

Joshua :

Northampton County Court
Combined Court Centre
85-87 Lady's Lane
Northampton
NN1 3HQ
t: 01604 470400

Customer:

Thank you Joshua. Yes, this does sound reasonable but you will ask me for a proof of payment. What sort of proof should we come up with? I cannot even remember if we paid with cheque or credit card.

Joshua :

You would need either a) a copy of a cheque from the bank showing it has been banked; b) a bank statement showing payment made; c) a receipt from the claimant or his creditor; or d) an acknowledgement from the creditor that the debt has been paid. Would you have any of these?

Joshua :

Or of course a credit card statement id paid on card.

Customer:

ok we will check.

Customer:

here are my details:

Customer:

Berrak Yesim Unsal

Customer:

Director LangComp ltd t/a Edgware Academy

Customer:

02078363484

Customer: [email protected]
Customer:

Would you mind providing me with an email so that I can get in touch with you later on?

Customer:

I will understand if this is not appropriate.

Joshua :

if you would like to proceed as above, I should be very grateful if you would kindly take this opportunity to rate my service to you to date using the smiley faces should see on this page. There will be an opportunity to add a bonus payment. happy to do so, if you're able to kindly add £190 as a bonus payment, this will complete the thread and I will post a response with my email address where we can continue to correspond and you can supply me with documentation to proceed with the above.

Joshua :

if you return to the thread the above has been completed, contact me via my email, I will prepare the necessary documentation and generally liaise with you throughout

Customer:

I will certainly give your service the best rating.

Joshua :

Many thanks. I look forward to hearing from you by email shortly

Customer:

Thank you Joshua.

Joshua :

A pleasure

Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Joshua, we have only found one piece of paper that does not look like a receipt of payment. We did check the bank statements and cannot find anything there either. Will you be able to help from here?

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
What is the piece of paper you have found please? Do you know the name and address of the claimant? Does the person that made the payment not recall how it was paid? Presumably it would only have been paid on a company credit card or by company cheque?