12826847

hi my daughter has to attend police station ref to driving

Customer Question

hi my daughter has to attend police station ref to driving her boyfriends car out of a car park whilst he held barrier up due to loosing his ticket and not wanting to pay £16.00 they wanted. She has a full licence but only insured on her dads car as 2nd driver though her
boyfriend is fully comp. My daughter has only held her full licence for approx. 7 months. She has never been on trouble with the law or anything before has a job and is doing well .Please can you explain what the outcome can be .Or is there anything she can do to try to put things right,

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Just to clarify, she has been charged with driving without insurance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not at the moment she has to attend police station 22nd april I think they may charge her then

Yes, sorry I understand.

When did she pass her test please roughly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

September 2013

Ok

I presume the fully comp will not cover her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well like I stated she is classed has a second driver on her fathers car he is fully comp but does this make her.This is why I chose to ask a law expert to find out the outcome

Yes, I've read that.

What I need to know is whether her boyfriend's fully comp insurance covers her to drive his car or her own insurance extends to other cars?

This depends on the insurance policy not law so its not something I would know.

I can tell you the consequences for driving without insurance but I presume you want to know whether she has a defence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no she is not covered to drive his car but plz can you tell me outcome

They will probably give her a fixed penalty fine of £200 and 6 points.

Since she has been driving for less than 2 years though that will unfortunately lead to revocation under the new drivers scheme.

They may charge her and send her to court. They seem to do that when it suits them really.

The difficulty with that is that it would probably just lead to 6 points at court and a high financial penalty so it doesn't really assist if they do take that action.

There is an outside chance of a short immediate ban at Court. The advantage of that is that at the end of the ban period she would get her licence back without needing to take the test again and it would be clean but it would have a horrendous affect upon her insurance premiums.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/