Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My mum and I have just returned from a small claims hearing

Customer Question

My mum and I have just returned from a small claims hearing where we sadly lost. We did represent the case ourselves whilst the defendents had a solicitor. In hindsight we wish we had to. A judgement has been made and we would like to know if we can appeal as we feel we let ourselves down by not being able to deliver the evidence correctly and also our questioning tecnique with the defendent. Obviously we are dissappointed and feel the judge did not appear to see how set up their evidence was.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

I am sorry to hear you were unsucessful. Were you the defendant or claimant please?

Joshua :

Did you ask the judge for permission to appeal the judgement?

Joshua :

How much as being claimed?