75100385

In January I issued a MoneyClaimOnline against HSBC Bank plc

In January I issued a MoneyClaimOnline against HSBC Bank plc in respect of bank charges and fees resulting from the branch not doing what staff said. Judgement was entered on 27/02/0014 payable "immediately". They have not made any contact nor payment. As I am disabled and not working I am wondering what to do next. I would have thought for a major plc bank to ignore a CCJ order is verging on contempt!

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You can send in the bailiffs, by applying for a warrant of execution.

Alex Watts :

You can also do this online through Moneyclaim

Alex Watts :

Customer:

As stated originally: I am disabled and not working I am wondering what to do next about this unpaid CCJ in my favour.

Customer:

Thanks. Do I get MCOL to send a bailiff to HSBC's registered office or to my branch please? (Sorry - didn't see all of your response timed 18:04 until I sent my 18:32 one)! The CCJ was issued to a different HSBC office which they had told the Court when acknowledging service.

Customer:

PS: Do I add further 8% interest to the judgment debt, or just claim that amount plus the fee? MCOL seems to assume the latter.

Alex Watts : Yes you get moneyclaim to send the bailiffs in. Yes you add interest.
Alex Watts : The fee is added to the debt.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX go ahead as suggested tomorrow.