75100385

a bit long winded sorry. I currently live on a housing estate

Customer Question

a bit long winded sorry. I currently live on a housing estate in datchet near slough. Last year me partner was blinded in one eye by a neighbour with a catapault. I have been since last august contacting my housing association to move me to a different area as the whole incident has had intimidation by other people living on the estate towards partner me and my children. i have had numerous meeting and been told there is a process to be followed which will take place after the court case. It has been a very long drawn out process which i have been patient with them with. I have contacted housing ombudsman and have done today for the second time after emailing managers of radian (association) etc. We were informed by a CID officer that the assailants wife and children are being moved (he resides somewhere else due to bail conditions-but can take children to and from school). I am not happy about this in the sense that i have followed the rules and been fobbed off by staff but the assailant and his family not so much any ideas on what to do as I dont seem to be getting anywhere.I should add that my partner doesnt live with me but we have kids. from Junita Stribbling

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: A house move would be my main goal
Customer: A house move would be the goal
Alex Watts :

Have you approached the Housing Association? If so, what have they said please?

Customer: I have been in contact with the housing team since thr incident last august. They have been telling me that the process is
Alex Watts :

The process is..........?

Customer:

sorry been on mobile did a long message and it didnt go through. right start again i have had contact with the housing team since the incident last august. I have had meetings with the asbo team leader I asssume called Steven Knowles and my housing officer elaine mclaughlin. The last meeting i had with them which was only a month or two ago I was being told that the process for me will take a while as it wont be started properly until after the court case(end of this month -assailant a mr frankham charged with gbh).my case was assessed asnot being a priority by an independent assessor as it not being a priority for my family to be moved which i disagreed with and have contacted housing ombudsman, the first time a few months ago and yesterday as i am not being given correct it seems information or supported by the housing team or the asbo team. mp has been contacted but as stated before flooding occured and he was busy with other things.

Alex Watts :

Ok - you need to write to the Chief Executive and raise a formal complaint about how this is being dealt with and investigated.

Alex Watts :

They will consider this through their formal complaints process.

Alex Watts :

But this must be a formal complaint to the Chief Executive

Alex Watts :

Once you have their final response you can take the next step

Alex Watts :

Which is complain to the Property Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They offer a free service and can investigate your complaint for free

Alex Watts :

Their website is: http://www.tpos.co.uk/

Alex Watts :

They will consider your complaint.

Alex Watts :

If they do not uphold your complaint then the final chance is Court.

Alex Watts :

You could issue proceedings against the Association.

Alex Watts :

Clearly there would be a cost element to this but if you won then you would get your legal fees back

Alex Watts :

Customer:

okay this makes more sense i have already contacted the manager of radian a few times (my housing association) and the manager below him etc etc.but i will give this a go. and am i being slightly dense and is this chief executive the same person that would be running radian

Alex Watts :

The manager is no good.

Alex Watts :

Write (not email) to the Chief Executive.

Customer:

okay i understand thank you

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer:

no thats it i appreciate being told of other options that i have

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

thank you for your help

Alex Watts :

All the best

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I know i only have a few more days left to go but i am wondering if advice can be given about solicitors for people on benefits.Today I called the police about the assailant as he was at his wifes property. The police turn up and it turns out his bail conditions have been changed to help his (the police are telling me ex) wife move home. Afterwards we called back and were told this and was told to call a solicitor if we were unhappy. I was also informed that the sergeant put in some report that they are likely to get a call from a neighbour(me). I am being made to feel like im being a nuisance when in the past i have been told to report things when they happen to them- being reluctant to do it at times expecting this outcome. Any advice on legal ad type help

Legal Aid rules have changed, you need to speak to a Solicitor and ask them. Sadly I dont know legal aid rules.