12826847

can you park on a private road ,that leads off a main rd ?

can you park on a private road ,that leads off a main rd ? it has no restrictions on it ?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there are no signs saying it is private, no markings or anything , have never blocked a persons drive !

Who is the issuer of the note?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was put on vehicle whilst i was at work , just hand scribble.

That obviously has no legal force behind it so its not a pressing issue.

However, in principle, a private road is privately owned by definition. Parking on any form of private property without permission is trespass.

Trespass is actionable in the civil courts although the claimant would need to show that there is some form of quantifiable loss arising which would be difficult unless he had towed a car or otherwise been put to cost.

But, in legal theory, it is trespass unless you have the permission, implied or express, of a person entitled to give that permission.