75100385

bailiff came to my shop with false rent arrears letter and

Customer Question

bailiff came to my shop with false rent arrears letter and got me pay him 500 and sign the walk in possetion, I negotiated rent with director of company got email from him to confirm who resined, this new management agency sent bailiff for rent arrears based on actual lease calculation, I showed email to bailiff everything but nothing worked. what should I do. I don't want to pay them the money I never owed

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I dont quite understand - you paid but you don't owe the arrears please?

JACUSTOMER-11bxeu0n- : Hi
JACUSTOMER-11bxeu0n- : Hi I have been paying negotiated rent review with previous director at 2.5% instead 5% increase every yr at compound
JACUSTOMER-11bxeu0n- : But this new management agency asking me for arrears at 5% for past 2 yrs when rent review was due and I have email from previous director to pay at 2.5% so how come I am in arrears and secondly thy wrote me on around 16/03 and my solicitor wore them back on 19 and then wrote again saying miscalculated the amount , this Is actual Amy and pay by 28/3 and bailiff were here on 28/3 , I shut the shop from Monday 31/3 scared of bailiff because they said going to come bcd on Monday 4 pm, don't want to pay bailiff as I don't owe them actually apart from some electricity bill as only one meter for their tenant upstairs a shop so that is another dispute for electricity, I think they are wrong sending bailiff because wheny solicitor replied them so despite replying back send bailiff instead and secondly when I have got written email from Charles previous director of limited company who owns this property then how come I am in arrear and they can send bailiff
Alex Watts :

Did you ever take it to a Valuation or Rent Tribunal?

Alex Watts :

Or did you just refuse to pay the increase?

JACUSTOMER-11bxeu0n- : Hi never took to valuation or rent tribunal but as far I remember had letter from valuation agency filled all the details and sent back
JACUSTOMER-11bxeu0n- : Secondly not refused increase been paying 2.5% increase agreed with previous director
Alex Watts :

So you have it in writing to say the increase is 2.5% and not 5%?