13262538

I have a county court contact and party status order concerning

I have a county court contact and party status order concerning my granddaughter which is being ignored by social services, how do i go about returning to court to have this enforced and also to have a variation made.I have been refused legal aid in the past because they think i have not tried hard enough to resolve this but have been fighting them since the order was made to no avail.
What is the exact position and what is it that you are trying to achieve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi in 2008 my daughter had an accident and now has locked in syndrome, due to circumstances beyond my control my granddaughter was taken into care, due to things said by her to her foster carer about someone of the same christian name as me they stopped me seeing her , I and my daughter have been fighting them eversince, my contact order says party status and regular and reasonable contact, this is now 6 hours a year supervised, my aim is to stop the supervision and have better access so i can take her to see her mum and meet as a family. My granddaughter is nearly 13 and has told me she wants to see me and her mum together and without escort .

I am so very sorry for your troubles.
When was the last court order made?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The last order was made in 2009, and have been fighting for them to take notice of it ever since , i'm hitting a brick wall with them at every turn.

So six hours a year for the last five years is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi it used to be 12 but since the breakdown of my marriage last april it has been cut to 6, thats 2 hours 3 times a year. these visits were often at home but also now we have to meet out in the community not at home . John.

Why was it reduced after your marriage broke down - what was the justification for that?
Does she see any other family members?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

social services say it is down to funding, my estranged wife and i said we would still share visits but they say no to this, our break up is amicable and we still get on, but they,social services, say because we now live apart we must see our grand daughter separate so as not to confuse her. our grand daughter knows we are apart but still friends and accepts this, and still wants to see us as a family. John.

Does she see any other family members?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, she only see's my estranged wife three times a year, her mother for one hour a week, and her father but i don't know how often, she wants to see her great nan but access does not allow time for me to take her, she does not see anyone else from the family. John.

have you considered making a further application?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi ,yes having now spoke to my daughter we are now looking into a new joint application to the courts, so now it will be up to the courts if we can get a hearing. thank you for your time and responses, it has helped. John.

You have got there ahead of me!
however I would suggest that you make separate applications - otherwise it allows Social Services to pick and choose - as you know they will!
If you need details of the forms then please ask