about what exactly..sorry me and her have had loads of emailsbetween us
yes thats the crux of it , and as she is in scotland im in england, is the law the same. She asked if a deposit defo secured her an f3 male, and i said it did , i had also said in a previouse email that if she missed out on this litter it could be 9 months until the next one, she still went ahead and deposited the money at no time saying she had a totaly fixed time to get the kitten, this has all come about since, and after agreeing the sale with me she has then placed another deposit with another party, telling me a load of lies about not the right time for a cat etc, she probably found a cheapr one, but i have been turniong down clients in favour of this deposit. THESE ARE EMAILS BETWEEN ME AND THE CLIENT SHOWING WHAT WAS SAID
Thanks so much for the info Gillian. Actually I hadn't seen any cheaper kittens,. I was only going by what I had read in a book and online but I know it varies. And yes I would be just the same if I was in your position, I have personally campaigned against puppy and kitten mills and have reported several over the years as like you, it breaks my heart to see animals exploited in this way.I have had my eye on the Savannahs for quite a while but always felt a bit guilty to spend so much on one cat when there are so many cats in shelters looking for homes. I've rescued 4 dogs and 2 cats in my lifetime but I just can't seem to get the savannah out of my head, grrr. I just find them the most beautiful creatures and the more I read, the more I need one lol
I would love to have one of your F3 boys! So you think it will be mid June? Would I get one from this litter? Leigh :-)
Ok, so I can't pay a deposit to be sure? Ta
hi, no she has not recieved a kitten as they were stillborn so she will be offered a kitten from the next litter . Most breeders take deposits that are non refundable if the client back outs as we turn down other sales in favour of the client with a reserve. I myself placed a £4000 deposit on a cat last year and had to wait 7 months for my kitten, full price £9000, if I pulled out i would not get my money back, in fact of my 22 cats there is only one that I didnt put a reserve on, its the way we operate and so now im breeding i have adopted the same stratagy. The cat has been re bred specifically for this client.
so legally does she have a case to force me to repay her the deposit , am i breaking the law in keeping the money as i have kept to my side of the contract and could supply a kitten in due course, end of May , and i did wan her that if things dont go to plan she may be waiting upto 9 months.also what about her dragging my name through the mud by calling me a scammer and saying imdefrauding her on variouse cat forums as well as emailing the same to many breeders giving me a bad name, is this not slander , can i afford to do anything about it.
if she does take me to court, the scc as shes in scottland, and wins a judgement that i must repay the £2000 as you said , will I also then have to pay court costs , well her court costs is what i man , or just the £2000
if we go to court and she wins will i have to pay court costs,
i shall let her take me to court then and pay her back when the judge says
thanks Jo , i will keep you for further cat issues