UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Im currently in the process of buying a friends house my mortgage

I'm currently in the process of buying a friends house my mortgage is in place and an offer has been accepted he can't come out his mortgage for another two months due to early redemption penalties he has been offered a Job over seas and is going out to check things out and the house will be empty till the sale he has offerd me to stay in the house to house sit as long as I take over the bills and such could this affect me buying the property?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

No, this should not affect you buying the property as you will be living in the house for 2 months as a licensee or guest of your friend rent free and no-one (i.e. your lender) needs to be told about this private arrangement.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So it would be ok to change council tax ,gas and electric to his address in my name.?
Absolutely okay.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so on the council tax forum where is says new address details it has owner, other,tenant, as I won't be the owner for 2 months and I'm not paying rent do I put guest in .
You need to choose the "other" option.

I trust this answers your original query.