75100385

i need to get an affidavit to say that I am the sole beneficiary

i need to get an affidavit to say that I am the sole beneficiary of a will. Does the lawyer who signs such a document need to see the full will? Probate is not appropriate.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

Once the document is prepared you can either go and see a Solicitor who can confirm that you have sworn on the holy book that what you have said is true, they will then sign it.

Alex Watts :

There is a fee normally around £5 - £10

Alex Watts :

Or you can take this to the County Court and get it sworn and they will do it for free

Alex Watts :

Customer:

I've been told by two solicitors that they need to see the will

Alex Watts :

Yes that may be the case.

Alex Watts :

They need to be able to confirm hat you are the sole benificiary

Alex Watts :

They can't do that without seeing it

Customer:

ok. I thought that they were just confirming that I had said that it was true, not that they had seen it. when I did some tax forms, it was enough for them to say that they witnessed me saying it was true

Alex Watts :

If you want the Solicitor to confirm what you are saying is true then yes you need to show the will

Alex Watts :

But if you are just asking them to verify your document then the dont need to see it

Customer:

that's great. thank you. out of curiosity - roughly much should it cost (ball park - a term I hate)

Alex Watts :

£5 - £10

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

the document has to get translated, sent to the FCO for apolsote and then sent to spain