Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

after the will was made with one company, is it possible to

after the will was made with one company, is it possible to find solicitors of different company to do the service, acting upon this will after partner's death, so - not with the same will company i originally made this will? If yes, any solociter will do it?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Could you kindly clarify - do you mean to act as executors of the will or for you to make a new will please?

Customer:

i mean to act as a executors of the will and any other duties to act upon my will?

Joshua :

Have you appointed the first company to act as your executors?

Customer:

does it make any difference if i did or did not?

Joshua :

Yes. if you have not appointed the company to act as your executors but have appointed for example a relative or friend to act as your executor then that person will act as your executor irrespective of who actually prepared the will. if however you appointed the company in question to act as your executor, then if you no longer wish this company to act for you as an executor, you will need to change your will

Joshua :

if this is the only thing you wish to change in your will then this is a very simple batter as you can simply make this change by something called a codicil. this is a little like an addedum to your will which changes a particular part of it but leaves the remainder of your will intact

Joshua :

you can ask any solicitor or will write to prepare codicil for you. alternatively, you can make an entirely new will appointing any executor you wish to act for you. You can change your well as many times as you like before your death and there is no difficulty with doing as you propose. most solicitors will be willing to act as executors to your well however you should be aware of course that they will charge for doing so after your death. if you prefer, you can appoint a friend or relative to act as your executor who will typically not charge a fee

Joshua :

if you decide to make a new will, it is good practice to ensure that your old will is destroyed as it is not a good idea to have old Wills hanging around.

Joshua :

is there anything above I can clarify for you?

Joshua :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help you with any further?