75100385

are we surposed to act as landlords even with aXXXXX

are we surposed to act as landlords even with aXXXXXorder on 16th Jan 2014 to take the house back because we could not keep the payments up.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what else do you need

I was just wondering if you could explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my son was buying the house and got into debt, he could not keep up paying for it so the halifax took him to court to either pay the arreas or they will reposse the house so he took the reposse offer for 28 day reclaim.

the judge said because you took a morgage to buy not a morgage to let they would be easy to evict because of this. the order given by the courts was eviction 27-03-14 but it did not happen, so we need to find out are we still landlords or not.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Have the courts made a possession order please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they made a repossession order on the 16-01-2014 for 28 days

Is there a warrant of eviction please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just spoken to Drydon Fairfax solicitors (they are working on behalf of RBS). They advised me that an eviction notice was served and the tenant requested a stay of eviction - which runs out on the 27th May.

My tenant has not paid full rent since late December / early January and has allowed the next door neighbour to repair a fence - costing £96 and has booked a Gas safe check - which will also be at my expense.

Am I still responsible to pay these costs?

Yes.

Until the property is actually taken back, YOU are still the owner.

Of course given it is being repossessed then you may wish not to do any repairs.

But yes you are responsible.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience