Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

How can I trace parents missing deeds. Their solicitors,

How can I trace parents' missing deeds. Their solicitors, in 1967, traded fromXXXXX Lancaster but I can't identify the company name. A letter from Alliance in February 1967 regarding life insurance was stamped by their solicitors as at that address. Their mortgage would have been finished some 30 to 35 years ago and we believe from an old aunt that the deeds were stored with the solicitors.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I have been doing some research for you, and believe your parents Solicitors were probably called JT Hayton. You are of course correct that they are no longer trading.
You should therefore look at do the following;-

1. Contact the Solicitors in Lancaster and ask them if they know what happened to your parents Solicitors.

2. You contact the Law Society who will have a record of the Firm. Call(NNN) NNN-NNNN1222

3. May be a bit of a long shot, but there is a firm called Thomson Hayton Winkley, although they are based in Windermere and Kendal.
Link-

www.thwlegal.co.uk

If the firm just ceased trading, another firm would have taken custody of clients Deeds, so hope you get some joy.

I hope this assists.

Kind Regards
AL