Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX more then 2years I rent room

Customer Question

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX more then 2years I rent room for my cleaner which she was working for me but she was not good so I send her home but lady which own flat didn't pay my deposit back because she say is my problem but first we didn't signet any contract and she did take deposit cash and all money and I find out she is doing this business not really nice way and she is not use any independent deposit company she just spend all money so apparently I will never see my money back, what do you think
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

I note you paid the deposit in cash. Do you have a receipt or evidence that the deposit was paid please? Or does the landlady accept the deposit was paid?

JACUSTOMER-1a129tq3- : That is a problem she didn't give me and invoice at all she is not saying I didn't pay just she is not going to pay me money back
Joshua :

I am sorry you have rated my service to you as bad. I have not been able to provide you with any service to date. If you are able to reconsider your rating I will of course be very please to continue to assist. In the alternative I will regrettably have to opt out for others. Please let me know hwo you would like me to proceed. Kind regards

JACUSTOMER-1a129tq3- : It was my husband just because he didn't see your responds yesterday for some reason, sorry I didn't know what he did
Joshua :

No problem. Thank you for the clarification.

Joshua :

May I ask how often rent was paid - e.g. was it paid monthly or weekly?

Joshua :

How much was the rent?

Joshua :

How much notice did you give the landlady that your cleaner would move out? Did you give notice in writing or verbally?

Joshua :

How much was the deposit?

JACUSTOMER-1a129tq3- : Cleaner stay there just couple of weeks and because we didn't do any contract we didn't talk about any notice we pay her £60/week and she have £240 deposit and I even pay her 2weeks rent even when cleaner was not there just because I feel bad for her , rent was pay weekly
Joshua :

My apologies for the delay in reverting to you. I have been away for the last few days. Thank you for the above. Could I ask the date the cleaner moved out of the room and the date you paid rent up until please?

Joshua :

That should be all I need to assist.