tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

If you have been cleared of a charge by the police can someone

If you have been cleared of a charge by the police can someone still bring a civil case against you?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi, thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX can assist with this.

Customer: Thank you
tdlawyer :

The criminal and civil systems are completely different things. It is, therefore, possible to bring a civil claim where there is no criminal claim.

tdlawyer :

However, if there was no evidence for the criminal proceedings, there might be no evidence for the civil proceedings.

tdlawyer :

But in answer to your question, yes, it is possible to bring the civil claim.

Customer: There is no evidence of her assault claim but we do have evidence of her behaviours etc. she has also been making our lives hell through Facebook and conversations etc can we bring a case of our own?
tdlawyer :

If she has been harassing you, i.e. causing you harassment on more than 2 occassions, then yes, you could bring a claim for that. It would also be a criminal offence, under the Protection from Harassment Act, so you could report it as such to the police too.

Customer: Thank you are they able to bring back Facebook posts as a lot of them only appear for a couple of hours and are then deleted but the damage is done.
tdlawyer :

I expect facebook have backups, yes, so you would need to contact them and I expect they have the ability to provide these to you.

tdlawyer :

I expect the police could get them if they requested them too.

Customer: I take it I would need something from the police first to request this info? She has also bought a grievance against us with our company as well and it is now an hr matter this has also been damaging to our career
tdlawyer :

IDeally yes, speak with the police first, otherwise you have to make complex court applications. Causing interference with your employer is likely to be further evidence of harassment against you!

Customer: That's great hank you very much for all your help in this matter
tdlawyer :

You're welcome!

tdlawyer :

is there anything else I can assist with?

Customer: Not at this moment thank you am I able to come back on if I have more questions at a later time?
tdlawyer :

Of course, just request me and I'll glady answer it for you.

Customer: Thank you very much again
tdlawyer :

You're more than welcome. Can I just ask if you're happy with the service today please?

Customer: Very happy thank you and I will indicate that on feedback
tdlawyer :

Thank you very much. Have a good weekend!