75100385

I have limited company which provides financial solutions and

Customer Question

I have limited company which provides financial solutions and have numerous websites with different trading names/styles which I trade through.

I have just received a letter from companies house saying they have received a complaint stating that I am using 'sensitive names' in my domain names and am committing an offense under section 1194 of the companies house act 2006?

They also say I need to get approval from BIS to use these names, but I have contacted both BIS and Companies House in the past and they have both said that as its a trading style and not the actual 'Limited' company name then its nothing to do with them?

Help I'm confused?!

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What is the name of your Company please?

JACUSTOMER-pi5nz6tj- :

JACUSTOMER-pi5nz6tj- :

Thanks Alex, My company name is Simple Financial Solutions Limited

JACUSTOMER-pi5nz6tj- :

You can see the letter here: http://www.simplefs.co.uk/letters/companies-house.pdf

JACUSTOMER-pi5nz6tj- :

All the websites clearly state in the footer that the websites are owned and run by Simple Financial Solutions Limited.

JACUSTOMER-pi5nz6tj- :

Looking forward to your response, thanks

Alex Watts :

Sadly they are right.

Alex Watts :

If you have the domains and redirect them to the main website then that is acceptable.

JACUSTOMER-pi5nz6tj- :

ok thanks

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today