75100385

Does the provision in the Housing Act limiting the transfer

Does the provision in the Housing Act limiting the transfer of tenancies for Council properties to one occasion apply retrospectively or is it one occasion from the date of the act, please?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

From the date of the Act, or provision came into force.

Alex Watts :

But that means from THAT date.

Alex Watts :

It does not permit transfers after that date

Alex Watts :

Customer:

So as the tenancy was transferred from my father to my mother on his death in 2005, it would still be counted as the one, allowable transfer to me (the son) on my mother's death as this would be the only transfer since the act. Is that right?

Alex Watts :

No

Alex Watts :

Its only one

Alex Watts :

It is succeeded from your Dad to your Mum

Alex Watts :

Therefore it can NOT be succeeded any more

Alex Watts :

I am sorry that this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer:

No, that's fine. Thank you for your help.