12826847

I need legal advice, about a accident last week, i am on police

Customer Question

I need legal advice, about a accident last week, i am on police bail at the minute, being interviewed about incident on Tuesday 8th april, can you advise me on the details ?
A friend of mine rang me to help him on some work on his own house, he had scaffold all around it, i am on the sick and have crones disease, and cannot be away from the loo for long. Any way i went to help him and he had 3 men there helping him , whilst i was there , 1 man fell and had a fit, he got up after the fit , and said he was ok, and my fiend decided to take him home after his repeated requests to do so from the man, i didnt know what to do , so agreed, to help, as he seemed fine,he was taken home and went to bed, later that night , he was watching a video, with his friends, and the following morning, was found dead, i have been arrested for perverting the course of justice... what can i do ... please help

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been bailed to appear for interview, about the incident, and currently charged with perverting the course of justice . i did not see the accident, i just tried to help, and i didn't decide to call a ambulance as he seemed fine and wanted home so i agreed, withe 3 other men, after i safely seen him home i went home myself , next morning he was found dead, the police broke into my home and arrested me and charged me Thursday with perversion of the course of justice , and i am being interviewed on tuesday the 8th, about the incidnt any why 1 week later after his death did i not go forward to tell my story. My friend did tll me he was dealing with it, and i have heard nothing until i got arrested

Ok.

So what would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i also had a accident 8 years ago, i was badly beaten, i was institutionalized and have had mental health problems since that incident, so when arrested i was so scared i reverted back to how i was, a doctor examined me, and took my driving license off me, and rescheduled the interview , till next week, as he in his oppinion, said i was a ill man and dealing with that was too much .. so i need to get my statement ready for tuesday. i havenever been arrested, have a enhanced crb, was a licensee for 25 years , and have a full clean record... can you advise me please

I need to know what your question is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i answer the interview, without getting into trouble, i have never been arrested before, or in this situation

Well, it depends.

On the facts that you mention above you should be offered your account in interview as you did not commit the offence.

Obviously I haven't seen the case against you or the strength of the evidence but there is likely to be more to this than that.

I don't know what the perverting is here. I imagine that they are saying you concealed some evidence in some way.

In any event, you deny that so you should be offering a comment interview.

Obviously nobody can guarantee that you will not be charged though.

Ultimately you can only either tell the truth or say nothing in the course of a criminal investigation. Since you do have a defence its a good idea to offer it early.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

also they way the police came into my home, plain clothed, no badges , i just went hysterical , and couldn't answer any questions at all, besides using the loo, 30 times during my 12 hour police station ordeal. That is why i am so hysterical about all this. But I see your meaning on concealment... on the leaving the hous where the accident was, i went and got my coat and my tools put them in my vehicle,and followed my friend with my car to the injured man's house and put him to bed, i was then told he always has fit's and he will deal with it all, i never went back , now all this trouble is killing me ...please help

I imagine they are probably saying that he died and you left thereafter although you would still need to have taken some action to conceal evidence.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am telling the truth of events, could you tell me with the little i have told you, what is the worse outcome of all this please

I really wouldn't focus on the worst outcome. Its not very positive. I would concentrate on getting off.

I'm afraid that if you are convicted of perverting the course of justice you will be going to prison for many years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but i did nothing wrong, i only tried to help...how can this be ...omg.. please help me please

Ok. So what would you like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

may i call you ?

We can only have contact online under the rules of this site I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so do i prepare my statement of what i think happened and tell the truth on the situation , because i am really not able to control my pain of my illness and this trauma

You don't make statements.

You are under investigation. You go into the police station and answer their questions under caution. Its an interview not a statement.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you, may i talk to you tomorrow please

Yes, I will be here.

Please remember to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok from what time can i speak to you please tomorrow

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok from what time can i speak to you please tomorrow thank you i will speak tomorrow .

I'm here now?