75100385

I have had no use of my lounge for three and a half months

I have had no use of my lounge for three and a half months due to roof damage (now resolved) and extensive collapse of ceiling and flooding due to heavy rainfall. My hosing association landlord refuses any financial compensation, can you help?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Has it now been resolved or is it continuing please?
Customer:

Still continuing, ceiling to be replaced on 17th of April.

Alex Watts :

You need to write to the Associating and ask them to fix the problem within 14 days or say you will go to Court.

Alex Watts :

Then if they refuse you need to get someone to give you a number of quotes for doing the work - this forms your loss

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment they do the work or pay you within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Customer:

The building is the housing association's responsibility, so they pay for repairs.Its just that they have taken so long with the repairs even though i reported the damage and their contractor came out on my return on the 1st of January The lounge is unlivable with a hole in the ceiling approx. 2m by 2m and cold as there is the roof above .So I am living in my bedroom with what's left of my lounge items in storage.