UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Good afternoon I have a question: I am working in a hotel

Customer Question

Good afternoon
I have a question:

I am working in a hotel in London, in this hotel most on the employees are male and gay.
All of them, they,re having sexual intercourse with each other, in the common places, lifts, their toilet, changing room. Everybody knows about it.
We know that at least 4 people in one year they are having treatment and they had a leaver exams.
This company years ago have problems with HIV, to tray to fire a employee who had VIH.
knowing that there are many probabilities that some of the employees could be having medical treatment for this illness.
My question is, if the company in this cases, should guarantee , not only the comfort of the employee who is ill, and who should be treated in equal conditions as the others, as well,does the company should guarantee the health and safety conditions for the other employees?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Employers are legally obliged to look after the health, safety and welfare of all it's employees and to do whatever is reasonably practical to achieve this including carrying out risk assessments to address any risks in the workplace.

Any employee who is concerned about their health safety or welfare should discuss their concerns with the employer or raise a formal grievance about the issues in line with the employers grievance policy.

Hope this helps