75100385

Our sports club has a fully licensed bar (one). The committee

Customer Question

Our sports club has a fully licensed bar (one). The committee are considering dual prices when we hold a private function. The suggested plan is to switch to the higher prices at 7pm until the end of evening. Both members and those attending the function would pay the higher prices. The bar prices would revert back to members prices for next day opening. Can we legally operate dual pricing

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Yes there is nothing stopping you from doing this

Alex Watts :

This is because it is supply and demand.

Alex Watts :

As long as you are not discriminating on the grounds of age, sex, colour, religion etc you can raise prices

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/